Professional coaching offers managers the opportunity to take a fresh look at the problems and concerns they face every day.
Preferred EAP staff work with managers and executives telephonically, via teleconference and in-person to increase confidence, enhance problem-solving and improve interpersonal communication skills.
Like counseling, coaching is based on a confidential, straightforward, trusting, and constructive relationship. But coaching is neither counseling nor advice-giving. It is a place to find supportive guidance by way of exploratory activities and structured dialogues.
Coaching is for those who have a gap between where they are – personally or professionally – and where they want to be. It's for people who:
- Need help to improve their leadership skills
- Need help making the shift from technical expert to effective manager
- Are facing a major career transition
- Need to better direct their energy to consistently accomplish their goals
- Are starting a new project or a new role
- Need an independent perspective
Coaching can also be used to develop and implement detailed personal action plans based on the principles, strategies and techniques outlined in our professional development and wellness workshops.